Analyst – GAMMA
BCG GAMMA, Boston Consulting Group
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a part of BCG’s GAMMA A team you will work closely with consulting teams on a diverse range of advanced analytics topics. You will have the opportunity to leverage analytical methodologies to deliver value to BCG’s Consulting (case/topic) teams and Practice Areas (domain) through providing analytics subject matter expertise, and accelerated execution support.
You will collaborate with case/topic teams to gather requirements, specify, design, develop, deliver and support analytic solutions serving client needs. You will provide technical support through deeper understanding of relevant data analytics solutions and processes to build high quality and efficient analytic solutions.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Working with case/topic (and proposal) teams
• Delivering original analysis and insights to case/topic teams, typically owning all or part of an analytics module whilst integrating with a case/topic team
• Establishing credibility by thought partnering with topic or… case/topic teams on analytics topics; drawing conclusions on a range of external and internal issues related to your module
• Communicating analytical insights through sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (including PPT slides and charts) with consultants; collecting, synthesizing, analysing case/topic team learning & inputs into new best practices and methodologies
• Developing broad expertise in at least one analytics topic or platform
• Executing analytical approach and creating defined outcome; contributing to approach selection
Communicating with confidence and ease
• You will be a clear and confident communicator, able to deliver messages in a concise manner with strong and effective written and verbal communication.
• You should be strong in analytical solutioning with hands on experience in advanced analytics delivery, through the entire life cycle of analytics. Strong analytics skills with the ability to develop and codify knowledge and provide analytical advice where required.
• Hands-on experience in building analytical solutions and delivering tangible business value for stakeholders
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (mention the course as per requirement)
• At least 2-4 years within relevant domain of (mention Topic/Skillset) across industries and work experience providing analytics solutions in a commercial setting
• Consulting experience will be considered a plus
Must Have:• Advanced Excel, Python scripting and EDA
• Application development in VBA
• Worked with SQL database
• Used data visualization tool like Tableau
Nice to have & will be considered as a plus:
• Experience in core analytics methods a plus:
• Statistics (t-tests, ANOVA, …), variable reduction (FA, PCA, …), regression, clustering
• Text mining & unstructured data analytics
• Familiarity with a broad base of analytics tools
• Data management: e.g. PostGRESql, Snowflake, Alteryx, DataIKU
• Data visualization: Power BI, Bookeh
YOU’LL WORK WITH
Our data analytics and artifical intelligence professionals mix deep domain expertise with advanced analytical methods and techniques to develop innovative solutions that help our clients tackle their most pressing issues. We design algorithms and build complex models out of large amounts of data.
BCG GAMMA A combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA A team is comprised of data engineers, data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get high-impact business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing the business problem, building the data, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Here at BCG GAMMA A, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing Digital enterprise at BCG – a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology