Clinical Coding Specialist
500 studies across multiple therapeutic areas. This is the exposure and scale our Data Management group has. We are on our journey to Reimagine medicine with Data and Digital and our team is focused on delivering data which is fit for purpose.
Innovation at scale is one of the strategic pillars for us as a Clinical Data Management team and you will have an opportunity to apply your skills to experiment and innovate ways to transform the Clinical Data Management process in Drug Development.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide timely and professional ongoing management of clinical trial data by performing accurate and consistent coding, providing inputs to the relevant coding sections of the Data Management Documents and reviewing coding glossaries.
• Ensures that Coding is current, documents are up to date and database deliverables and timelines are met from Coding perspective.
• Performs accurate and… consistent coding by applying standard conventions, creating appropriate synonyms and creating/managing coding-related queries as needed
• Ensures that coding is completed & Reviewed in support of study timelines/deliverables. Maintains Coding-related section(s) of Data Management Documents.
• Reviews/provides feedback on coding performed by self or others to ensure consistency and quality. Reviews/provides feedback on synonyms. Troubleshoots coding problems, collaborating with peers, database developers, and/or IT support as needed
• Consults and liaise with relevant stakeholders to resolve Coding queries and issues.
• Ensures that dictionary upgrades are completed in a timely manner across remit of trials
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• University or college degree in life science, chemistry, pharmacy, nursing, or equivalent relevant degree with 3 or more years of experience in drug development with at least 2 years performing Clinical coding.
• Strong understanding of medical terminology, including medical conditions and medications
• Strong attention to detail.
• Good communication, problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work independently, under pressure, and in an environment where flexibility is required.
• Understanding of clinical trials methodology, GCP and coding tools.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Global Drug Development
Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind
Research & Development