SMITHS DETECTION MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE
Every minute of every day, in nearly every country across the globe, Smiths Detection people and technology make the world a safer place. We safeguard people, business and infrastructure with the latest innovations and screening technology for aviation, ports, borders, defence, and security.
What Makes Us Different
• Global leader: We impact critical systems every day with sites in 17 countries and six centres of research excellence.
• Digital growth: A key part of our capability is the integration of digital technology across our business and our operations in India, Bengaluru specifically, will be critical to our continued success.
• Exciting opportunities: Our growth is creating exciting opportunities to work with experts in physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics, production, computer science, and AI/machine learning.
• International environment: With some projects, work requires global collaboration and the potential… to travel and grow with the business.
Smiths Detection’s Digital Platform is an innovative global security platform designed to transform the way government agencies and organizations secure and manage their ports, airports, infrastructure and border checkpoints. It brings all security operation information together onto a single, integrated and secure platform to achieve 100% data inspection of all cases. Using insights produced through machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI) and data science, our platform enables people to make informed decisions quickly to protect against any border security threat.
Smiths Detection is looking for dynamic, innovative and motivated software architects to be the part of its global platform and applications development team in Technology group. The purpose of this role is to develop, sustain and enhance technical architecture of Smith’s cloud (and on-premise) based Platform and its applications. The position is based in Bangalore.
Data Scientist is part of the overall Platform and Application Architecture group, working closely with Sales, Products & Technology, Program Management, Service and overall business management to deliver successful pursuit outcomes and grow customer engagement, intimacy and our opportunity pipeline. This person uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. The role brings the capabilities of solution architecture and design using latest tech stack and in house developed platform. He/she applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. The role requires person to be hands-on software developer.
Duties & Responsibilities
What You’ll Do
• Study and transform data science prototypes
• Design machine learning systems
• Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
• Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
• Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
• Run machine learning tests and experiments
• Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
• Train and retrain systems when necessary
• Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
• Keep abreast of developments in the field
• Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
What You’ll Definitely Need
• At least 5 years of experience as data scientist using AI/ML/DL algorithms and techniques.
• Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and/or Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent. Master degree is preferable.
• Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
• Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
• Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
• Ability to write robust code in Python, Java and R, Matlab
• Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills. Leveraging and contributing to Open Source projects
• Knowledge of open source tool chains and technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To find out more about life at Smiths Detection check out our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/smiths-detection/life/c58d0d07-ffe6-4a79-aa69-062062454d6d/and follow our story
Join us for a great career and competitive compensation & benefits whilst keeping the world a safer place.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
At no time during the hiring process will Smiths Detection, Smiths Group, nor any of our recruitment partners ever request payment to enable participation – including, but not limited to, interviews or testing. Avoid fraudulent requests by applying jobs directly through our careers website (www.smithsdetection.com/careers) or LinkedIn.