Senior Data Analyst – GAMMA
BCG GAMMA, Boston Consulting Group
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a part of BCG’s GAMMA A&S team you will work closely with consulting teams on a diverse range of advanced analytics topics. You will have the opportunity to leverage analytical methodologies to deliver value to BCG’s Consulting (case) teams and Practice Areas (domain) through providing analytics subject matter expertise, and accelerated execution support.
You will collaborate with case teams to gather requirements, specify, design, develop, deliver and support analytic solutions serving client needs. You will provide technical support through deeper understanding of relevant data analytics solutions and processes to build high quality and efficient analytic solutions.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Working with case (and proposal) teams
• Acquiring deep expertise in at least one analytics topic & understanding of all analytics capabilities
• Defining and explaining expected analytics outcome; defining approach selection
• Delivering original analysis and insights to BCG teams… typically owning all or part of an analytics module and integrating with case teams
• Establishing credibility by thought partnering with case teams on analytics topics; drawing conclusions on a range of external and internal issues related to their module
• Communicating analytical insights through sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (including PowerPoint presentation, Documents, dashboard and charts) with consultants, collects, synthesizes, analyses case team learning & inputs into new best practices and methodologies
• Build collateral of documents for enhancing core capabilities and supporting reference for internal documents; sanitizing confidential documents and maintaining a repository
• Able to lead workstreams and modules independently or with minimal supervision
• Ability to support business development activities (proposals, vignettes etc.) and build sales collateral to generate leads
• Guides juniors on analytical methodologies and platforms, and helps in quality checks
• Contributes to team’s content & IP development
• Imparts technical trainings to team members and consulting cohort
Communicating with confidence and ease
• You will be a clear and confident communicator, able to deliver messages in a concise manner with strong and effective written and verbal communication.
• You should be strong in analytical solutioning with hands on experience in advanced analytics delivery, through the entire life cycle of analytics. Strong analytics skills with the ability to develop and codify knowledge and provide analytical advice where required.
• Advanced Excel
• Application development in VBA
• Text mining & unstructured data analytics a plus
• Familiarity with a broad base of analytics tools a plus:
• Data management: e.g. Excel, SQL, PostGRESql, Hadoop/Hive, Alteryx, …
• Data visualization: Tableau
• Expertise in Power BI
• Analytics platforms: e.g. SAS, R, RapidMiner, SPSS, …
• Experience in core analytics methods a plus:
• Statistics (t-tests, ANOVA, …), variable reduction (FA, PCA, …)
• Segmentation/clustering techniques
• Hands-on experience in building analytical solutions and delivering tangible business value for clients (in one or more of the below use cases)
• Price optimization, promotion effectiveness, Product assortment optimization and Sales-force effectiveness
• CLM and revenue enhancement (segmentation, cross-sell/up-sell, next product to buy, offer recommendation, loyalty, LTV maximization and churn prevention)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in a field linked to business analytics, statistics or economics, operations research, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
• At least 4-6 years of relevant industry work experience providing analytics solutions in a commercial setting or 2-4 years of experience with advance degree
• Prior work experience in a global organization, preferably in a professional services organization in data analytics role
• Demonstrated depth in one or more industries not limited to but including Retail, CPG, Heatlhcare, Telco etc.
YOU’LL WORK WITH
Our knowledge and research specialists collaborate with global colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge and research positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative research careers.
BCG GAMMA A&S combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA A&S team is comprised of data engineers, data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get high-impact business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing the business problem, building the data, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Here at BCG GAMMA A&S, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing Digital enterprise at BCG – a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology