Senior PCB Design Engineer
Job Description :
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company.As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
• Develop PCB layouts and supporting documentation according to customer and internal requirements such as designing for Electrical Functionality, EMC, Manufacturing, Reliability, and Cost.
• Create, Release, and… Archive output files according to internal requirements: Gerber, Drill, Stencil, PnP, Array Drawings, Fabrication Documents, etc.
• Maintain Altium project database using PTC Integrity.
• Participate in Library Symbol/Footprint creations using IPC standards.
• Lead and/or support PCB(A) DFM/DFA activities in collaboration with Electrical, Mechanical and Manufacturing engineering.
• Lead and/or support development of PCB Layout standards, best practices, and guidelines in accordance with industry standards and internal requirements.
• Perform work assignments as a highly competent ECAD designer, requiring independent design and release effort in collaboration with other disciplines.
• Work assignments primarily involve intermediate through advanced level work, moving toward complete technical competency and mastery of the field
• ECAD (Design)
Design and development of PCB layout while adhering to electrical, mechanical, EMC, manufacturing and cost requirements. Support PCB layout design reviews (Electrical, EMC, Manufacturing, etc) Maintain Altium project repository. Create and Release PCB(A) documentation into Specification Control Database.
• ECAD (Library)
Create electrical component schematic symbol and footprints. Ensure PCB footprints are following industry standards (IPC). Maintain schematic symbol and footprint corporate library.
• ECAD (DFA/DFM)
Facilitate definition of DFA/DFM rules in collaboration with design and manufacturing engineering. Capture DFA/DFM rules within corporate rule check tool. Support DFA/DFM checks for all PCB designs.
• Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
• Maintains regular attendance.
• Follows safe work procedures Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
• Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS)
Skills & ExperienceAltium Designer, Library Management, Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter