Software Development Engineer – Android Frameworks
Esper is experiencing hyper growth! We’re the industry’s first DevOps SaaS platform designed to provide a simple, safe, and secure way for engineering and DevOps teams to release applications and manage smart Android devices. Our device infrastructure enables developer, mid-market orgs, and enterprise fleets of 100,000+ devices to deliver their software as a service. Esper has rapidly-growing global customer adoption among some of the world’s most innovative major brands in retail, hospitality, logistics, and healthcare.
What You’ll Be Doing
• You will be responsible for building complex SDK APIs for Esper’s flagship Esper Enhanced Android (“EEA”) operating system across different parts of the Android frameworks.
• Play an important role in building Esper’s DevOps infrastructure for managing Android OS build processes which will be critical in ensuring a scalable delivery mechanism for over-the-air system updates to customers
• Work with engineering teams across multiple time zones… to drive and coordinate changes.
What We’re Looking For
• 3+ years of experience working with Java / Kotlin / Android apps in general with an experience deploying scalable software
• Experience with Java or Kotlin is required
• Experience in using any SCM in day to day development e.g git, mercurial etc
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
• Excellent communication, analytical, collaboration, and problem-solving skills and an interest and passion for AOSP architecture
• Candidates with experience working with Android framework internals / device bringups / AOSP in general will be preferred
• Experience working with Linux kernel, specifically SELinux is a plus
• Experience working at third party, open-source orgs like LineageOS is a big plus
• Experience working with CTS tests and building CTS-compliant Android platforms is desired
What We Think Makes Us Special
Esper is a fast-growing, well-funded company where everyone matters and you can see your impact daily. We trust our teammates and offer intense ownership and therefore accountability. We’re inventing the future and building something special. The team really enjoys what we do and cares about your input. We don’t hire just to fill a spot, we want you to make a difference.
As you help us build this special company, Esper will take care of you. We offer flexible vacation, regular hack-days, competitive pay and benefits, and room for advancement. We hire capable veterans so we avoid the drama and trust in each other’s work. Our worldwide footprint mixes different cultures for a unique experience. We also like to have fun because we play just as hard as we work